"What do you want for your daughters when they grow up?"
My first thought was "Every good thing that is possible." But it's so much more intricate than that. I realized that while I think about their future often, and think about what I want for them I have never clearly defined it. I haven't made a clearly defined goal of what I need to teach them, and set up for them so that they can reach those goals, or at least to give them the best possible opportunity.
"What do I want for my daughters?"
1. I want them to be strong enough to stand up to the world for what they believe in.
2. I want them to choose freedom over security.
3. I want them to have the education and training to do whatever career path they choose.
4. I want them to know that being a wife/ mother/ homemaker is a valid career path. That it's not weak to want to be all the wonderful things that only a woman can be.
5. I want them to have the confidence, emotional & financial security, and fortitude to WAIT for the right man to come to them.
6. I want them to work hard for their goals.
7. I want them to be neat and organized in their life and in their mind.
8. I want them to be happy.
9. I want them to be physically fit.
10. I want them to know that God is always there for them and so am I.
These are the things I want for my daughters. These are the reasons I am a mom.