Monday, December 10, 2012

Well, we've been in our house for about 5 months now. It is certainly a work in progress. I guess that's how it goes with old houses. This one isn't really that old (build in 1968), but it was never taken care of very well. It needs a lot of work. A. Lot.
Tomorrow we will hopefully finish sanding down all the paneling, and priming so that we can paint. I will post pictures of the process.
In the mean time I am trying to prepare for my oldest daughter's birthday party. Not the easiest task when your house is 'tore up from the floor up'. I can handle it though. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.
We just got back yesterday from a dance convention in Bastrop, TX. My oldest did her first solo for the first time. I was so proud of her. She looked so beautiful and grown up on stage. I love to watch my children perform. Sometimes, (ok most of the time) when I get the dance bill, and I'm running around trying to arrange my schedule around dance, and going crazy trying to bedazzle this and that, I just want to give up and buy myself some nice furniture instead. But, when I see them perform it's suddenly all worth it.
That's my girl!

No comments: